Sunday, February 27, 2011

Review for Demon Gates

Demon Gates (Nexus Wars Saga)
5 stars!

Demon Gates (Nexus Wars Saga) primarily follows young Valderion the son of a simple farmer and horse breeder. Vald lives a simple life helping on his family farm and occasionally going into town to meet up with his friends. When tragedy strikes his small town he is given a token from his long dead mother and has to make his own way in the world. In the beginning he learns that this token is much more than it appears and can help him achieve a destiny that he would never have been able to conceive. At the same time that all this is happening the seals that shut portals to a demonic realm begin to weaken and break. Demons are beginning to invade the world and plan on wiping it out as vengeance for being sealed away thousands of years ago.

I will say that the book really did not have me struggling to put it down until about a third of the way through. Up until then it was a good story and I was enjoying it, but at some point it became extremely difficult for me to stop reading to get anything done. The introduction of some new characters along the way really help to advance the story and help Vald achieve more of his potential. My personal favorite had to be Llewellyn an elven bard of some renown and an overall nice guy. These two form a strong friendship and a close bond. If I say anymore I will begin to give spoilers and I would like to avoid that.

The end of the first novel wraps up very well, but not much has been done about the demon problem or the quest that Vald has embarked upon. The second book promises to be filled with a lot of action and enjoyment. The fighting scenes are written in a way that reminds me of R. A. Salvatore with the detail and complexity of the melee battles. For .99 the first book is a must and if you enjoy it like I did I'm sure you will find yourself getting the second as well.

Other works by the author:

Check out his website for a lot of detailed info on the world the Nexus Wars are set in.  




On a separate note Jeffrey Poole author of Bakkian Chronicles, Book I - The Prophecy is also a Microsoft Certified Tech and he has started a website to help out indie authors who are having issues with formatting and other tech questions.  Check it out here

No comments:

Post a Comment