Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Daddy Daughter reading time


Here is one of my favorite past times.  Reading to my little girl.  She is only 5 months old, but already reading at an 8 month old level.  I'm so proud :p

We read a chapter of something every night before bed, and pretty much anytime she is getting fussy.  A good book also helps with nap time when she is being stubborn.  I collect YA stories because I want her to grow up knowing how amazing a good book can be and I hope that all the time we spend reading now will pay off later in life.  

10 comments:

  1. Now that's a cool pic!

    My mom used to read to me when I was young, and as a result, I love to read. So I'm a true believer when it comes to a parent reading to their kids. It'll make them readers in the future, trust me.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't start them on books too soon. I read to all my kids and they are all readers today.
    Manzanita
    Wanna buy a duck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I began collecting children's books long before I had kids and your photo is something I can definitely relate to. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read all the Berenstein Bear books to my daughter. She's almost 11 now and those are still her favorite books. I seriously think they taught her how to be a 'good kid'. :-D I stopped by as part of the A-Z Challenge!
    gigglelaughcry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are indeed special times :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. I can't wait until she starts to react and helps me pick out the books that she wants to read. This blog has introduced me to so many YA authors that I can't wait to share with her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! You should look into the "Your Baby Can Read" early language system. I have it for my twins and they love it.

    ReplyDelete