Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thawed Fortunes by Dean Murray review

4.5 stars

Thawed Fortunes by Dean Murray begins right where Frozen Prospects (The Guadel Chronicles) left off.  Va'del is still struggling to find acceptance with the Guadel and himself.  The Stephens bloodline is still in Va'del's corner, but their hands are tied in almost every situation.  Jain is still around and remain a solid presence in his life.  


This book reveals a lot more of the political structure of the Gualdel and provides an insight into the lowlands.  I personally enjoyed the story of Thawed Fortunes a little more than Frozen Prospects (The Guadel Chronicles) since it has some more character development and a much wider range of scenery.  It is nice to see Va'del start to believe in himself and come into his own as a man (although I will admit I am a sucker for a good underdog story).  I am really looking forward to how the rest of the series will play out.


Dean sent me an ARC for this book and the official release should actually hit tomorrow, in honor of the release I will be publishing an interview with him that features some news on other upcoming releases.  

No comments:

Post a Comment