Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A-Z challenge 2012


The A-Z blogging challenge is right around the corner again and I plan on participating again this year.  Last year when I did it I had only been blogging for about 4 months, so I was very new to the whole experience.  Hopefully this year I can be a bit better of a participant and make it to more of the participating blogs.  

This year I would like to have a theme of guest bloggers.  The challenge works that you blog every day except for Sundays and each day progresses through the alphabet.  I'm hoping to have a guest for every letter of the month.  The challenge begins in April so there is a little bit of time to get a letter reserved if you are interested in having a spot during the challenge.  The letter "L" is already being held by Jeffrey Poole who will be talking about the world his fantasy takes place in, Lentari.  Please let me know if you are interested and what letter you would like.  I will be reservin them first come first serve.  

Click on the picture to get some more info if you would be interested in participating yourself.  It is a great way to network and build up some traffic.

10 comments:

  1. I did the A to Z Challenge for the first time last year. It was a lot of work but so much fun. I'm looking forward to doing it all over again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to take H for the "holograms" in my novel, GODS IN THE MACHINE, if you're interested. Does this mean I would write a blog post on one day? If so, what would the topic be? And would this be a post on your blog? I've never heard of this before, but it sounds like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. M.J. - It was a good time, but I'm hoping to be a bit more prepared this year.

    Marilyn - The basic rules of the contest work that each day you blog about a topic beginning with an assigned letter of the alphabet. I think 4/10/12 would be the day for letter "H". It would be just like a normal guest post, but themed around whatever letter works best for you. So you would just send me a post about the role that holograms play in your book and if you have any fun info on them (such as maybe popular uses of them in movies or something).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott,

    That sounds like fun! Would it be all right if I took "S" instead? I could write a lot more about "space hotels" because I did a ton of research on those for GODS IN THE MACHINE and found out some really interesting information about the physics involved in building them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "S" is open so that works for me. The sooner I get the posts arranged the easier life will be on me for the actual challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I made a new tab so people can track everything. You are reserved for "S" Marilyn. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Scott! I'm looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...this is...intimidating. I'm intrigued. Why can't I just find simple things, like knitting, more tempting and leave these difficult things for more ambitious people :(
    In all seriousness though, I am considering doing this myself...hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather - Last year I had about half of my posts prescheduled and that helped a ton. This year I would like to have pretty much everything ready to go so I can focus on visiting the other participants. We'll have to see how many volunteers I get for guest posts though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you can write them before then it's easier. I think I'll do it too! It's still intimidating of course but...less.

    ReplyDelete