Monday, July 16, 2012

Lil' Glimmer by Angela Muse review

Lil Glimmer is the story of a star who learns patience and sharing. He gets frustrated when he doesn't get his way, but in the end he listens to his mother and realizes that waiting and taking his turn is the right thing to do. These lessons can be hard to accept as a toddler, but this story helped me illustrate the principles of patience and sharing to my own children. This book is intended for children aged 3 and under. Check out The Nutt Family: An Acorny Adventure and The Pig Princess also by this author.




This is the first children's book that I have reviewed on this blog, but it is a genre that I have an interest in since I'm always looking for good books for my daughter.  Does anyone know any good authors to go with Angela?


4 stars

Lil' Glimmer is a very cute children's book about a star who is impatient for his turn to play.  His mother explains he must wait until nighttime when it is his turn, imparting a message of patience.

My daughter (18 months) really seemed to like the pictures and would pick this book out of her stack as a goodnight story pretty regularly.  The also seems like it would be good for beginning readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment