Monday, October 8, 2012

A different kind of review: Jack3d Micro

Hey all, this is a bit of a departure from my normal book reviews, but every once in a while I get to beta test a workout supplement.  This time USPLabs let me get an early peek at their new preworkout Jack3d Micro.  Here are some of my general feelings about the product:


Background:  I was chosen to be a beta tester for this product by the company.  In order to prepare I went cut my caffeine to the bare minimum for maximum effect.

Taste: First taste was not so good, but as I continued to take it I adapted and it no longer bothered me.

Effect: I got a really good amount of energy off of this product.  Not a jittery sick feeling, just a strong boost to my energy level.  The pump was pretty incredible after about a week.  I'm not sure why there was a period of minimal returns, but my first couple of times using it I wasn't sure it was going to work for me.  I also noticed my pump lasting a significant amount longer than usual.

Results: I had some pretty decent strength gains while taking this product.  I also had a noticeable increase in the size of my arms.  As a disclaimer I had taken a fairly long layoff and only started working out about a month before I began taking this.  The results were still accelerated far more than I expected.

Sides: My normal workout time is in the evening and there were times that I had a lot of difficulty sleeping after taking two scoops.  I also had some issues with an upset stomach if I didn't have my timing down right for my preworkout meal.

Overall: This was well worth the jug that I purchased after my beta bottle ran out.  As a side note there are some fairly potent stimulants in here so be careful if you have any kind of medical conditions.

If anyone has any questions about the product feel free to ask in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this review - no sign of it in the UK yet though, & the last time I got supplements from the USA the post office spanked me for additional postage. Quite frankly, I could do with the extra energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see if I can find anything out about an arrival overseas. I know a lot of countries have a lot stricter policies regarding supplements than the US does. I'll get you an email or something if I can find anything out.

    ReplyDelete