Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Review - Strike of the Sweepers by Tyler Whitesides

The stakes have never been higher, and you have never seen squeegees do this before! It is a wild and slightly unsanitary ride as Spencer, Daisy, and the rebels find themselves chased by Mr. Clean's new and terrifying breed of toxite--the Sweepers. Time is short. With the fabled Manualis Custodum in hand, Spencer must figure out how to summon the founding witches if they ever hope to mop up and save education.






Review by:  Scott

4 stars

Strike of the Sweepers is the fourth book in the Janitors series.  Spencer and Daisy and continuing their quest to take out the BEM and restore toxite protection to every school.  Since this book is so far into the series and there is a lot that happens in it, I can't really say much without potentially spoiling things.

This is another strong book in the series.  I have read the first three to my daughter (and wife) for bedtime and they really enjoyed them.  My wife was super excited when I showed her the email I got for the release of this one.  I had to read this book myself much faster than it gets covered for bedtime reading and I know that there will be a lot of surprises for them.

If you have already read and enjoyed the first three books in this series then this is a can't miss.  If you haven't ever checked them out and enjoy YA books, they are worth checking out for sure.

Copy of the book received for review purposes.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to reviewing! It's been a while.
    What age would you say this series would be for (the lower age limit)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First off, I'm terrible at gauging these things and since my daughter is only 3 I have no frame of reference. I would say at the lowest end 4th/5th graders should be good (based on Googling 4th grade summer reading lists), but Middle School for sure should be able to enjoy the book.

      Delete
  2. Great to see a new post! I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete